Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Visiting The Office

So I joined Netflix recently, then immediately quit, then re-signed up. I was excited to join because they recently instituted an all-you-can-watch policy on internet movies. They have a pretty good selection of "instant" movies that you can watch whenever from the internet. However, they have not yet made it applicable for Macs. I was so enraged that I immediately quit but then decided that I had been too hasty and signed up again. They really do have a great selection.
One of things that you do on Netflix is rate movies that you've seen and then they suggest movies based on your ratings. They also tell you what movie you rated specifically made them suggest a certain movie. Boy was I surprised when I was suggested R. Kelly's Trapped in The Closet Chapters 1-12 because I liked Francois Truffaut's The 400 Blows. One is about a series of crazy coincidences that happen to R. Kelly's character and the other is about a 13 year old in Paris who runs away from home. I don't get it.

Anyway, I had my internship interview today. The guy said that he'd let me know if I got the job on Friday. He was laid back and the internship sounded cool. I'll hopefully start on Monday.

I saw another celebrity today at an outdoor market/food court about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. B.J. Novak of The Office and Punk'd fame was buying a donut.
Photobucket

"Oh, I lie now and then, I suppose. Sometimes I'd tell them the truth and they still wouldn't believe me, so I prefer to lie. "

3 comments:

ashlea said...

oh, pete. i'm so proud of you, i miss you, i love you, and i can't wait to see you!!!!!

Unknown said...

That not supporting Macs thing pisses me off so much every day. It's like give me a break Netflix, everybody knows Internet Explorer is for n00bs.

Pete said...

I downloaded internet explorer and tried to use it and it didn't work.