Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Academy Awards Abominations

First of all, exciting news. Although my screenplay was not chosen to be produced this semester, I was chosen to direct one of the 5 projects. I have a crew of 9 including editors, DPs, producers, etc to help me. I don't know what the script I have to direct is about yet but I will keep you posted.

Second, sad news. Heath Ledger was found dead today, possibly of a drug overdose. He was only 28 but already he had accomplished a lot. The Dark Knight will hopefully be a credit to his name and a welcome addition to a good filmography including I'm Not There, Lords Of Dogtown, and Brokeback Mountain not to mention one of the best late-90s teen movies, 10 Things I Hate About You. I might rent a Ledger movie tomorrow to celebrate his life.

Finally, Oscar nominations came out today. What I'm happy about is that No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street all received some good nominations. I also hope that Norbit wins the Achievement in Make-Up award.
Photobucket



Remember "love is a force of nature." Rest in peace, Heath Ledger.

No comments: