Monday, February 11, 2008

If It's Yellow Let It Mellow

On Friday I met (and this time actually spoke to) another celeb. Some people (probably just Andrew) will remember her from that TV show "Action!"
Photobucket
Her name is Illeana Douglas, she's been in a lot of stuff. I remember her in the movie Stir of Echoes too. My supervisor, the real assistant was in the other room when she came in so I did my best high powered Hollywood assistant and asked how she was doing and said that the producer would see her in a moment, etc.

On Saturday I helped one of my roommates shoot part of his movie.
Photobucket
We dragged like 20 feet of dolly park to Pan Pacific park and set it up with a briefcase dolly. His movie is about a white guy who wants to be a Shaolin Monk in Chinatown.

Saturday night I helped another classmate with her movie (I don't know what this helpful streak is all about, it's not me) where I played some guy who gets jumped and beat up by this guy and girl both wearing eyeliner. In real life the girl wouldn't be a factor and the guy was a head shorter than me. I think I could probably take them.
I'm still not really sure what the movie is about.

Sunday I read and did coverage on that book for my internship. It turned out to be pretty good. I would recommend reading it but I wouldn't necessarily say that some producers should shell out $15 million to turn it into a movie. If it was a movie though I would watch it and be snobby about it because I read the book.

My internship is pretty cool. I see a lot of cool movie stuff every time. Today we went to the storage unit and my supervisor showed me this mask:
Photobucket
that Thora Birch wore in Ghost World. There is a lot of cool stuff in there. Stuff that was in real movies.

More later, I have to do some reading for tomorrow. I'm back on eBay by the way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that the show where Jay Mohr was a movie producer and he got killed 3/4 of the way through the season because the show got canceled?

Pete said...

spoiler alert

ashlea said...

you have big news, update already and put up some pix!