Sunday, May 31, 2009

June Summers or I don't know why I always assume that everyone has read my screenplay.

If you get a chance, check out my imdb page. I have a couple new credits from my stint on "American Idol." I seamlessly got back into some "Intervention" minutes this week. I'm really glad the timing of my jobs worked out. In a post a few posts ago I was all like, OMG May is going to be so crazy, I don't know what I'm going to be doing for work, blah blah blah. I'm calling myself out for sicing it. "American Idol" was crazy hours for 7 days straight though but it was super cool.

Another cool thing that happened recently was I got a call from a writer for Best Semester Magazine. Best Semester is the Christian study abroad organization that LAFSC, the program I completed in Spring of '08, falls under. They also have programs in DC, Russia, China, Australia, Oxford, Uganda, etc. Anyway, I had answered some questions about my time at LAFSC for what seemed like a general, 'what are you up to since the program' type deal for a previous issue of Best Semester Magazine but they didn't use any of my quotes. Turns out that was because they wanted to do an article about me being a screenwriter in LA after completing LAFSC. So earlier this week on Wednesday I was interviewed for an upcoming issue. She asked me about life in LA, the two movies I wrote that are now out on DVD and iTunes and all that, and other things like that. I'll definitely keep you posted and hopefully be able to link to it when it comes out.

By the way, Pastor Jones Heavenly Voices (bka Preachin' to the Choir) has an Average of 26 ratings: 3.7 out of 5 stars on Netflix. That's legit.

Joe Frank and Rico were in town last weekend, they had a bomb room in the Hyatt on Sunset Blvd. We got to go to their rooftop penthouse pool overlooking Hollywood. Ash and I also got to show them around a little bit. We just dropped Kerry off at the Flyaway bus a bit ago too, so we've had solid company for over a week. It's been really fun to hang with MD people. Thankfully we got to see some celebs while they were here. We saw Shane West and I'm not sure if he has an accent or not but I told him I was a big fan of his, Tate Donovan aka Jimmy Cooper from the OC, Derek Waters of 'Drunk History' fame, John Francis Daley from "Freaks and Geeks" looking fresh hanging out with another Geek alum Martin Starr in his full Knocked Up Kaczynski beard for some reason, and this very morning when we dropped Kerry off at Hollywood and Highland the touristy-ist trappiest place on Earth, we spied Danny McBride walking down the street. This dude is on the biggest billboard on Hollywood and Highland right now for Land of the Lost but we saw him with some lady in front of the Hollywood Blvd McDonald's wearing almost all khaki. He is so funny. So eventful stuff.

Tomorrow June starts. I'm looking forward to June, then July, which will be a defining month in my life, followed by August, or in Ashlea and my case Dog-ust because we're going to be dogging it up. More on that later.

No comments: