Friday, May 28, 2010

May: Part II

Last update I described night logging, since then the production switched me to a day logger for most of May. I worked a regular office job 9:30am - 6:30pm. It was weird having to wear long pants and interact with other office employees, glad that's over!!

Just kidding, but last week I was offered a semi-permanent night logging job that I accepted. I'll be logging from 6:30pm - 2:30am five nights a week, usually Sunday - Thursday but I'm able to switch days around if necessary. I'll be on the payroll as opposed to being freelance so taxes will be taken out instead of having to file quarterly or paying a lump sum at the end of the year, I'll also be making more money per week even after taxes than I was in the average week of transcribing. It will leave my days free to (sleep in) write and take meetings.

The new season of Intervention starts June 28th. My name will be in the end credits as a Logger starting with the "Amber" episode, so look out for that.

Writing wise I was able to write another pilot for Orlando Brown while working a forty (plus) hour a week office job. It's probably better than the other one I wrote for him actually. I sent it to him and my manager and I'm awaiting their response.

Summer is turning one year old on June 14th!!! Oh yeah, and Ashlea is turning 24 on the 27th. And we'll be in Maryland June 29th.

I'll keep you posted.

* Edit: I also updated my E-Resume.

No comments: